Jodie Foster and Tahar Rahim have both been nominated for Golden Globe Awards for their incredible work in #TheMauritanian, in theaters now! Do you want a chance to see a virtual screening of the film on Wednesday, February 24 at 7PM? Just click the link to enter to win! http://stxtickets.com/WORLDVIRALTV-2 Experience a life-changing story of trust and hope. On demand everywhere March 2.
THE MAURITANIAN (STXfilms)
Cast: Jodie Foster, Tahar Rahim, Zachary Levi, Saamer Usmaniwith Shailene Woodley and Benedict Cumberbatch
Based Upon the Book: “Guantanamo Diary” by Mohamedou Ould Slahi
In Theaters: February 12, 2021
Directed by Kevin Macdonald and based on the NY Times best-selling memoir “Guantánamo Diary” by Mohamedou Ould Slahi, this is the inspiring true story of Slahi’s fight for freedom after being detained and imprisoned without charge by the U.S. Government for years.
Alone and afraid, Slahi (Tahar Rahim) finds allies in defense attorney Nancy Hollander (Jodie Foster) and her associate Teri Duncan (Shailene Woodley) who battle the U.S. Government in a fight for justice that tests their commitment to the law and their client at every turn. Their controversial advocacy, along with evidence uncovered by a formidable military prosecutor, Lt.Colonel Stuart Couch(Benedict Cumberbatch), uncovers shocking truths and ultimately proves that the human spirit cannot be locked up.
How to redeem:
Winner will go to www.STXTickets.com, click on the “Redeem” tab and enter the code. (They will just have to create a profile if they aren’t already signed up for the site, which takes 5 minutes).
· Once you RSVP for the screening, you will receive an email from STX Screenings <firstname.lastname@example.org> to confirm you are signed up (also check your junk folder). If you do not receive an email immediately after you sign up, click here to submit an inquiry: https://stxtickets.com/main/contact
· A hour before the screening starts, you will receive a unique, encrypted link via your email to access the “online screening room.”
· Once the countdown ends, you can start the movie!
· Please note, you must start the screening at 7:00PM. There may be a 10-15 minute grace period, however if you start the screening late, you will not be able to access the screening. Also, you aren’t able to pause the screening for more than 15 minutes. If you pause the screening for too long, you may get kicked out and will not be able to access the screening after that.
· The Ticktbox platform recommends watching from one of the main browsers – Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. Unfortunately, Smart TV and game console browsers are not supported.
· Screenings can be watched on a TV if it is playing on a computer or device running one of the above browsers and then connect via HDMI or a screen mirroring to devices Airplay or Chromecast.
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens if I lose connection with my computer?
If you lose connection or need to pause the video, you may be allotted a brief amount of time to rejoin the screening. This allotment is typically 15-30 minutes, but depending on the security features for certain movies, this is not guaranteed. If you pause for longer than this period, the movie will automatically resume and pausing will no longer be available. If you are disconnected for an extended period, you will not be able to rejoin.
What devices can I use to watch the screening?
Our online screenings are compatible with most computers, laptops, and mobile devices. We recommend Chrome or Firefox (Safari and Edge are also supported). For the best experience, we recommend watching on a large screen versus a mobile device.
How can I watch it on my TV?
If you connect a computer or laptop to your TV via HDMI, you would be able to view there. Due to security and anti-piracy measures, certain cast options such as Airplay or Fire TV Stick are restricted.
Can I pause the screening?
Typically yes, you may be allotted a brief amount of time should you need to pause. This allotment is roughly 15-30 minutes – should you exceed this time, the movie will automatically resume and pausing will no longer be available. Depending on the security features for certain movies, this is not guaranteed.
Can I watch on multiple devices?
No, unfortunately you are only able to watch from a single device. Once you start viewing the screening, you must continue with that device for the rest of the film.
Page says: Screening already started.
Screenings begin promptly at their start time. Unfortunately, once that time passes we cannot admit anyone else to start viewing.
I am seeing buffering with the video.
Please ensure your device does not have any ongoing downloads or streams in the background. In the video player, you can click the settings option to change quality (or set to auto) to reduce buffering.
The video isn’t playing.
Check your Internet connection to ensure you have a good network signal. After that, if you are still having an issue, ensure you have the most updated version of your browser. You can also try restarting your browser or computer/device. We recommend Chrome or Firefox (Safari and Edge are also supported).